About the Apprenticeship Programme
The Apprenticeship in Insurance Practice is a programme that runs over three years, which on successful completion, will result in the apprentice receiving a BA honours degree (level 8) in Insurance Practice awarded through IT Sligo, the education provider for the programme. The Apprenticeship programme is based on an 'earn and learn' model and the cost of the course is fully funded by the Government while the employer covers the cost of the salary of the apprentice. This means that the apprentices will work full-time in a role in Wexford with one day a week on average set aside for formal learning, through a distance learning module.
Who are we looking for?
At Zurich, our customer is at the heart of everything we do. So the ability to deliver excellent customer service and outcomes is key. Our roles are challenging, you need to be able to prioritise and manage varying workloads, handle pressure and build good relationships with your team.
You'll need a willingness to learn and we want you to be passionate. After all, it's important for us that you love what you do. Additionally, you must have the aptitude and commitment to continue learning and successfully attain professional qualifications and technical skills. If you want to be a part of a dynamic work environment while being rewarded for your creativity, innovation and determination, start your career with Zurich.
Qualifying for the programme
There are three ways to qualify for the programme:
- For those under 23 have a minimum of two leaving cert honours, with a pass in Mathematics and English or Irish.
- For students who are over 23 on January 1st of the year of entry, interviews and other selection tools will be used to assess suitability, replacing the minimum requirements above.
- Learners who have a full FETAC level 5 qualification will also be eligible to join the programme.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive starting salary
- An annual performance-related bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- A full study support package
- Competitive pension scheme
- Community and charity work opportunities
- A wide range of insurance discounts
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more about how to apply for an Apprenticeship with Zurich, check out our How to Apply page.