About the Company
WTW is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, WTW has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at https://www.wtwco.com
About the Apprentice programme
The apprentice programme provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by Atlantic Technological University (formally Sligo IT).
When you join WTW, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We can offer you a fun and engaging environment working with some of the best people in our industry. We will reward your efforts with a competitive salary and a very comprehensive benefits package including a generous discretionary bonus, a great pension scheme, healthcare, life assurance and other benefits.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at WTW. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Role
This is a Life role.
- Help to provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client/members' needs
- Working towards managing portfolio of pensions administration clients
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date scheme records
- Preparation of individual calculations and benefit statements
- Processing individual member queries
- Be a point of reference for standard automated cases.
- Communicate effectively with client/members via the telephone, remembering each caller will have a different level of understanding of pensions. Record each call as they occur.
- Deal with queries and requests by the use of standard letters.
- Identify areas where the service to clients/members could be improved
- Build a relationship with the clients.
- Monitor own workflow to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Assist in more complex / project work and help out with tier 1 & 2 clients within the team when required.
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Good PC skills – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Ability to prioritise and work under time pressures
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Willing to be part of a team
Benefits of Working in WTW
This is an excellent opportunity to build a successful career within a global organisation while also earning a degree. In addition to our competitive salary and benefits package, we pride ourselves on the professional development of our staff, work life balance and promotion from within.
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes
- Please submit your application to Catherine.Troy@wtwco.com
WTW is an equal opportunity employer
WTW believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at WTW.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.