Arachas is Ireland’s largest, fastest-growing, nationwide insurance brokerage. We specialise in protecting Irish entrepreneurial spirit - the backbone of the Irish economy. We do this by combining our knowledge of the insurance issues facing Irish people, in business and in their day-to-day life, with our access to solid and reliable insurance providers.
Originally established in 1969, Arachas has grown to be a nationwide broker with over 500 employees at offices around the country. Arachas was acquired by Ardonagh – the international Insurance group with over 100 offices and 9,000 employees in 2020 and today operates as part of its Europe platform
About the role
In line with the Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices may be assigned to Advisory, Personal Lines or Wholesale.
The apprentice will be an integral part of their respective teams, while also undertaking the CIP exams and a Level 8 degree in Business Studies through ATU Sligo.
The Apprentice programme within Arachas offers extensive training, development and support to enable your success.
Arachas employees over 500 people in 13 offices around Ireland.
- Flexibility to work securing renewals, processing amendments, cross selling and up selling across all product lines
- Good negotiation and sales skills
- Manage renewals, client retention in line with targets and compliance
- Ensuring all aspects of Mid-Term Alterations, Renewals, Accounts entry, claims liaison, Correspondence are completed
- Ensuring all files are up to date on Relay
- Manage clients across depts. handling renewals, MTA's and queries in relation to Personal Lines products
- Take personal responsibility for delivering the highest level of accuracy and quality in your work
- Deal with all requests internal / external in a timely and efficient manner
- Build great relationships across all teams within Arachas working collaboratively to deliver on team targets and objectives
- Ensuring all compliance standards are met during all processes
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise, manage, multi-task and execute daily tasks
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Be open to change and fast pace environment
- Possess a can-do attitude and be open to rapid and evolving changes as our digital journey progresses.
- The ability to prioritize workloads and adapt to unforeseen events
- A good degree of personal organization and a structured approach to time and resource management
- Commitment to their own professional development
- Working always with the customer first approach in line with Arachas culture
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documentedinterview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include twohonours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements ongrades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Opportunities in the following office locations: Cork, Sallins (Kildare), Sandyford (Dublin), Galway, Waterford & Tipperary. Please specify location preference when applying
- Application submission please submit by: Tuesday 23rd August 2022
- Planned start date: Friday 9th September (Induction day)