Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individuals who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Willis Towers Watson, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Willis Towers Watson. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Role
- Achieve best client service in an efficient and friendly manner ensuring all client and business deadlines are met
- Ensuring quality documentation both in terms of accuracy and presentation
- Provide general administration support including Dictaphone typing
- Assist with non-complex renewals
- Maintain and utilise all relevant databases
- Perform quality checks on tasks
- Assist with the resolution of queries and follow up with the business and/or clients
- Comply with all company and regulatory standards and requirements
- Assist in the on-going development of company standards and procedures
- Assist in Project work to improve overall efficiency and operational excellence
- Filing and retrieving of information and documents
- Produce any required reports in a timely manner co-ordinating with all relevant teams
- Co-operate with all colleagues in a supportive, friendly and professional manner
- The Apprenticeship programme is a work-based learning programme and requires timely submission of on the job assessments, attendance at and successful attainment of IT Sligo and CIP exams as part of the programme
- Working towards CIP qualification through the ‘earn & Learn’ degree programme
- Excellent PC skills - Microsoft Packages
- Ability to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Ability to prioritise and work under time pressures
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Willing to be part of a team
Benefits of Working in Willis Towers Watson
- This is an excellent opportunity to build a successful career within a global organisation. We pride ourselves on the professional development of our staff, work life balance and promotion from within.
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements? More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes
Planned start date: beginning of September 2021
Closing date for applications is the 30th July 2021