Underwriter Apprenticeship Programme - Galway
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills. While on the programme you will be gaining new skills and experience though on the job insurance experience. In addition, we will fund and support you to complete insurance industry professional qualifications (APA and CIP) as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Insurance Practice which is Level 8 on the NFQ, awarded by IT Sligo. When you join, you will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme. We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career.
About the Company
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow. We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
About the job
You would be joining our Personal Lines Underwriting team as an Underwriter based in our Galway office in Knocknacarra.
- You will spend most of your time on the phone providing excellent customer service and making underwriting decisions on car or motor insurance
- always Working within your Underwriting licence, and escalating underwriting decisions to more qualified colleagues
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction whilst maintaining excellent service levels.
- Focusing on Quality Assurance and working with a coach to develop customer service and technical underwriting skills
Rewards, Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary with an achievable performance related bonus
- Exam sponsorship & study leave to achieve the Insurance Industry exams, with a reward and salary increase upon completion.
- Monday to Friday working week.
- 23 days annual leave plus Discretionary Company days, volunteering days and ‘thank you’ days. We also provide the opportunity for employees to purchase additional annual leave.
- A generous pension contribution
- Life Assurance & Critical Illness Cover
- Home and motor insurance employee discounts
- Generous family leave policies
- Energetic and open team dynamic
- Great staff social events
- Recognition points which convert to vouchers and other great prizes
- Access to learning on your own terms – courses by top learning providers across multiple topics available online.
- Flex Benefits Package – choose from options like Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Discount options
- Easy access to our Employee Assistance Programme and suite of Employee Wellness Initiatives including annual flu vaccine
The minimum entry level requirements you need
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
This role is based in Galway & has flexibility to start between June to August 2022
We would love to hear from you! If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via this LINK to our careers page and complete an online application form. If you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.