About the Company:
At Prudent Financial, we have been helping our customers look after their financial needs for many years and we have a reputation for reliability and efficiency. We are committed to our customers. Our business grows entirely by referral and word of mouth, so, our reputation and the quality of Prudent advice we provide is of utmost importance.
We have experience in training Apprentices. Our current Apprentice, Leanne, is finishing her third year on the programme and will act as a valuable resource to the new recruit in both their studies and their duties for the company.
In 2021, we were nominated for the Apprentice Employer of the Year awards. This shows how committed and dedicated we are to training our apprentices and we would hope that you will be as dedicated to the business’ success as we are.
About the Apprentice programme:
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by the Atlantic Technological University.
When you join Prudent Financial, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Prudent Financial. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Role:
As an Apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of and be exposed to the insurance and mortgage market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
- gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence
- keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries
- Acquire an in depth understanding of Compliance matters in the industry and apply them where appropriate in areas such as Anti Money Laundering, Fact Finding, Recommending Products and any other relevant areas.
- As ours is a small office, it is expected that all staff contribute to the up keep of the office, keeping it clean and tidy, ensuring adequate stocks of stationary and printer supplies are maintained along with any other areas around the office which need to be maintained
You must be willing to work towards having the following qualities;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a Level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Able to work off own initiative
Benefits of Working in Prudent Financial:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support
- Employee assistance programme offering confidential advice and support
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planned start date: Late June 2022 - Mid July 2022