We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Power Insurances, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career within the insurance industry. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role:
The role will be based in our office in Limerick but will also incorporate working from home as the pandemic requires. The role will involve achieving new and existing business goals and supporting your mentor and the rest of the team in providing a high-quality service to clients. As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
What this role entails:
- Contributing to a positive culture of teamwork, flexibility, learning and development
- Managing workloads to provide good service in a busy environment
- Driving performance with the ability to work closely with team leaders and staff
- Building strong relationships with the team and with clients when needed
- Supporting our strategy and values within the team
- Finding solutions to difficult and challenging situations
- Interacting with insurers
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Dealing with clients over the phone
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- Help with social media campaigns, general office work, call clients to see if they are interested in cross-selling opportunities.
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with underwriters, insurers and other office staff
- We are looking for a candidate who has some of the following attributes;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Takes ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Has attention to detail and time management
- Has the ability to manage own workload
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real-time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
Benefits of Working in Power Insurances:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Small working teams
- Education and development support
- Convenient location and at least initially, working from home ability.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes:
Application submission with CV to: Jim@powerinsurances.ie