About the Company
Phelan Caswell Insurances Ltd (PCI), formally BHP Insurances Ltd, was founded in 1998 with a commitment to be a leading provider of Insurance and Financial Planning services.
We have developed innovative insurance and risk solutions for all kinds of business sectors. We are constantly seeking new ways to combine our in-house expertise with today’s technology and exploit new opportunities and services for our valued clients.
We are proud to be an Irish owned business-servicing clients throughout Ireland and the UK since 1998. A core strength of the team at Phelan Caswell Insurances is our ability to develop, deliver and evolve Insurance and Protection schemes on behalf of companies, individuals and organisations. Our history is steeped in establishing complex insurance schemes.
We provide a personal service that allows us to gain insight into each client’s situation and cover requirements to help them achieve their insurance goals. We also offer a comprehensive risk and claims management service and have partnerships with over 60 major insurers, underwriting organisations and financial institutions in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for a talented and motivated person or people who have the potential to become highly effective business professionals. This opportunity is a permanent apprentice programme that exposes you to every facet of our business and lets you hone both your technical and professional skills. Along with gaining on-the-job insurance experience, you will complete the APA and CIP insurance exams while enrolled in the programme. You will also earn an IT Sligo-awarded Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship), which is Level 8 on the NFQ.
When you start working for Phelan Caswell Insurances, you'll get a personalised orientation and be paired with a business supervisor and mentor who will support you throughout the programme. We will work closely with you to help you realise your career ambitions and development goals at Phelan Caswell Insurances. We expect you to bring the dedication and motivation necessary to significantly advance the business in return.
- The ability to work as part of a team and own initiative to meet deadlines and targets.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic, motivated and disciplined individual with a positive attitude. Ensure that procedures and compliance are strictly followed in relation to all areas i.e.: systems/files/folders/timelines/products etc…
- Carry out full reviews on clients/prospects and assess the types of cover they require
- Liaise with a number of insurers to find the most suitable policy for clients/prospects
- Service client accounts i.e mid term adjustments, renewals and claims
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with clients and insurers
- Manage clients expectations on a claim fairly
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and claims handlers/ loss adjusters
- Assisting with complex claims and make sure the client is kept informed the whole way through
- Discuss claims with Insurers to try to obtain the best possible outcome for clients
- Administration duties
- Positive attitude to work
- Able to communicate effectively
- Flexible Team Player
- Good negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and time management
- Manage individual workload
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite i.e Excel ,Word and PowerPoint
- Career Progression
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Generous holiday allowance
- Free parking
- Phelan Caswell Insurances will cover the €600 annual college fee on your behalf
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes
Application submission with CV to: Declan Woods: firstname.lastname@example.org