Mercer provides insights, advice and technology-driven solutions to help build brighter futures for our clients, colleagues and communities. Together, we’re redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Working at Mercer means joining a team of diverse professionals across the globe, dedicated to helping clients manage some of the world’s most challenging and complex risks. In order to provide our clients with high quality service we help colleagues grow through a number of learning and development programmes.
Mercer’s more than 26,000 employees are based in 44 countries, and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 600 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
Mercer are excited to be partnering with LIA/Solas Insurance Apprenticeship Programme and we are hiring apprentices for our Pensions Administration business in our Dublin/Cork office. We know the best way to provide high quality client service is to attract and retain the best talent in our profession. Our goal: to be a magnet for the profession’s best.
In order for your application to be considered you will need to meet the Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA) Apprenticeship entry requirements as stated on the www.earnandlearn.ie website.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
Joining Mercer as an apprentice will give you the opportunity to:
- Start your career in a full-time job with a full-time salary and no tuition fees.
- Join a global leader in Pensions, Invesments and Employee Benefits advice
- Learn from more than 26,000 skilled and diverse colleagues.
- Help clients manage their employees futures re Health, Wealth and Career.
- Gain a qualification to help you progress your career.
On joining Mercer, you will meet your “mentor” who, over the course of your three-year programme, will help you get through the extensive insurance-related training on offer and coach you as you learn more about us and what we do.
- On-the-job training.
- Soft skills training.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ on completion of the programme.
- LIA membership
What you will be rewarded with:
- We provide a highly regarded and competitive package
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Up to 12% pension contribution
- Full healthcare cover
- Study Support
- Flexitime or flexistart
- Flexible working/potential to work from home
- Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
- Paid annual leave and ability to purchase additional leave days
- Travel ticket/bike to work/dental are optional
- Subsidised canteen