About the Company
At MCG Financial Services, we have been helping our customers look after their financial needs for over 35 years.
We are one of Munster’s more established Financial Services companies. Our team of Qualified Financial Advisers work closely with our clients to identify their financial needs and to devise solutions to meet those needs. We pride ourselves on delivering complex solutions in an easy-to-understand manner. We always aim to look after our client’s financial service requirements with a personal touch, gaining a really deep understanding of their own particular financial challenges and objectives.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for ambitious and talented individuals that shows the potential to develop into, high performing business professionals. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join MCG Financial Service, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at MCG Financial Services. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of Protection, Pension and investments, across the insurance market, in order to arrange suitable policies for our clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers;
- gather information from your clients, assessing their financial needs and risk profile;
- research life assurance companies' policies and find the most suitable policy for your clients at the best price;
- Gather all relevant compliance documentation required for all interactions;
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms of any policy they sign up for in line with industry regulations;
- Foresee your clients' financial needs, such as policy maturities or amendments;
- Advise your clients on money management and financial planning;
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- Develop relationships with broker consultants and other relevant professionals;
- Keep up with changes in the life assurance market and in relevant revenue and compliance changes;
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committed to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- A keen ability to listen.
Benefits of Working in MCG Financial Services
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Discounted assurance products
- Education and development support
- Free parking
- Convenient location
- On the job training and support
- Excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience on the job.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Application Process and Timeframes