McCarthy Insurance Group are one of Ireland’s leading insurance brokerages serving customers across personal lines, commercial lines, health insurance, as well as life, pensions, mortgages and investments. We at McCarthy Insurance Group pride ourselves in offering customers a one stop shop approach to insurance.
Established in Fermoy in 1952 we have 16 branches in Cork, Kerry, Waterford and Dublin & 200 staff who have joined us at all levels.
We are now looking to recruit apprentices for our Cork City, West Cork & Kerry branches.
We like to attract smart and motivated people who can demonstrate a commitment to our company and customers. Our workforce is enhanced by the wide variety of individual personalities, expertise and know-how, who have been with us in most cases for over 15 years and quite a lot have provided over 25 years of service.
The success of our company depends on all of us working together. Open, honest and two-way communications are part of our philosophy. This spirit of co-operation and partnership is part of the McCarthy Insurance Group culture.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP IN A BROKERAGE
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers;
- gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers;
- advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals;
- keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries;
We already have apprentices entering the second year of the programme so we know what skills we need in order to mentor you. Training is vital to our continued success and we are committed to providing excellent learning and development opportunities to build on your skills and realise your full potential.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- be over 18 years of age
- have good interpersonal & organisational skills
- be team players who are highly motivated and enthusiastic
- have excellent customer service skills
- must be focussed, diligent & be committed to work and education needs
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website: https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should forward their CV and Cover letter stating preferred location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles McCarthy Insurances Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.
Charles McCarthy Insurances Ltd. t/a McCarthy Insurance Group is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.