About the Company
Established in 2003, Keane Pension & Investment Consultants Ltd we have been advising our clients for over 18 years providing expert specialist advice in the areas of Financial Planning, Estate Planning, Retirement Planning, and Savings & Investments. With over 45 years combined industry experience we continue to help our clients with the set up and administration of a large range of Pension, Investment, Life Assurance, Serious Illness, and Income Protection products for both Individual and Corporate clients.
We are now looking to grow our team to help with the demands of a busy & fast-paced brokerage. The position will be based in our offices; Father Mathew Hall, 131 Church Street, Dublin 7.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Keane Pension & Investment Consultants Ltd, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Keane Pension & Investment Consultants Ltd. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the Life and Pensions market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for our clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers;
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance/pension/investment needs and risk profile;
- Research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- Processing new business cases from inception to policy issue and ongoing administration of these products.
- Dealing with queries by phone and email from corporate clients, individual clients, insurance companies, and any other third party in an efficient and timely manner.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with clients, your team, and Directors;
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- Develop relationships with insurance companies, accountants, and other professionals;
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and good time management
- Have the ability to manage own workload
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real-time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Keep up with changes in the Life & Pensions market and any developments in Central Bank Compliance & Regulations
Benefits of Working in Keane Pension & Investment Consultants Ltd:
- Competitive salary
- Defined Contributions Pension Scheme
- Death In Service Scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Discounted insurance products
- Education and development support
- Very Active Staff Health & Wellness Programme – which covers both physical and mental health and socialising staff outside of work
- TaxSaver Commuter Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Very Convenient location – Luas, Bus and Train routes all service the immediate area.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: Anita Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: 11th June 2021
- Planned start date (indicate a range): Start July 2021