About the Company
iSure is now considered a market-leading SME MGA in the Irish Market. We focus on 5 main Insurance products –
- Commercial Combined
- Property Owners including Unoccupied
- Construction Contractors
- Small Shops
Our mission is to make specialist insurance easy to buy through the expertise of our people, embracement of insureTech and our agility and speed. This captures value for us because we operate with brokers who acknowledge and adopt our service proposition in return for being one of their primary providers - avoiding selection against and becoming one of their insurers of choice. This has enabled us to build strategic relationships with a defined number of selected broking partners and offer a degree of exclusivity.
Our business is built on its people, and we have always endeavoured to recruit experienced individuals (in their respective markets) who hold key relationships and share our values and foresight. We now have 22 fantastic people employed in the Irish Business and we look forward to growing that further in 2021. We have offices in Cavan and Cork with our head office in Cavan.
Job Summary & About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing Commercial Insurance Underwriter. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme, which we hope will lead into a full time role depending on the success over the 3 years. The role provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
To provide junior underwriting and development support to the Commercial team. To lead with underwriting on our commercial products, by shadowing our underwriting team to gain the knowledge and experience to become a Commercial Underwriter. You will need to fully understand our underwriting guides on each product and complete full training and shadow our underwriters on each product we offer. The apprentice will need to understand all the controls and procedures within the company also. They will also be expected to complete administration jobs, which will help them gain the knowledge to become an underwriter.
Underwriting / Development
- Develop, negotiate and support the underwriting of new business / renewals within own authority and in line with strategy
- Control and underwrite the commercial new business and renewal book within authority and in line with strategy once full training and underwriting licence is signed off.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service
- Liaise with brokers on a daily basis, answering incoming telephone calls and chasing brokers for any additional information required and service all back office duties
- Support with Policy Issuance
- Perform admin duties required by the company.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of internal controls and all procedures relating to underwriting.
- Ensure you uphold Imperium’s principle of Treating customers Fairly
- Undertake training relevant to the role
Education and Qualifications
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 200 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
Skills & abilities
- Ability to manage own time, meet deadlines and prioritise work
- Attention to detail, numerate and accurate
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Organised and methodical approach to work and problem solving
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Ability to apply critical thinking as part of the underwriting process
- Appropriate IT skills
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- Team worker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Professional approach to relationships
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes
- Application submission with CV to: Catherine.email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: ASAP
- Planned start date: ASAP