Founded in 1926, we are the leading insurer of Ireland’s public sector. As Irelands only indigenous mutual insurer, we exist to protect and safeguard the interests of our Members, consisting of all 31 Local Authorities, 16 Education and Training Boards, the HSE and Regional Assemblies. In doing so, we play an important role in supporting our Members in serving the needs of their local communities across the length and breadth of Ireland. Our purpose is as relevant today as it was when we were founded over 90 years ago. We have maintained this purpose by attracting the very best talent to meet the evolving needs of our Members and Customers.
To be successful in the role you will be accountable for:
This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract as an Insurance Apprentice that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills. During the 3-year programme in addition to the academic and professional studies, you will gain experience in our key areas of Underwriting, Claims, and Member & Client Relations.
The main duties that you will be responsible for are:
- Gaining exposure to the full scope of claims management to include processing claims working alongside the claims team
- Working with the Underwriting team to learn about how we underwrite risks and develop new products
- Gaining exposure to our Members while working within the Member & Client Relations team to include proactively anticipating customer and member issues and taking appropriate action
- Be aware of and comply with the Financial Regulator’s Minimum Competency Code, Consumer Protection Code and any other relevant regulations
- Participate in the achievement of individual and departmental performance objectives
- Completing administrative tasks as and when needed
What we’re looking for:
- We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional
- A track record of success and achievement in education, work experiences or extra-curricular activities/volunteering to date
- Experience of having taken on extra responsibility and delivering in challenging circumstances
- Effective communication skills (both in writing and verbally)
- Ability to take ownership and accountability for your own actions and responsibilities
- Ability to pass Insurance Institute and degree modules alongside a work programme
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills – balancing multiple deliverables to agreed quality standards
- Effective problem-solving and numeracy skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient IT skills in MS Office
We offer you a culture that is underpinned and supported by our values and behaviours of ‘Passionate’, ‘Service Driven’, ‘Respectful’, ‘Trustworthy’ and ‘Collaborative’. These values underpin how we interact with each other across everything that we do. They guide our thinking, decisions, and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. Every employee is responsible for the creation of our culture which focuses on creating a psychologically safe ‘Speak Up’ environment, promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace and enhancing our journey in employee engagement and sustained performance improvement.
What you’ll get:
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo. When you join IPB Insurance, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout your three-year Apprenticeship contract. We will work with you to enable you to reach your educational and developmental goals and aspirations. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
Lots of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Health Allowance
- 23 days Annual leave plus the option to purchase more
- 9 public holidays plus 2 additional company days
- Non-contributory Pension
- 5 Days Marriage Leave
- Life assurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Discounted Home and Car Insurance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Exam and Study Leave
- Ongoing Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Active Sports and Social Club
IPB is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for all with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey. To learn more about us please visit www.ipb.ie.
IPB is a Great Place to Work and placed 12th in the 2022 best medium sized workplace category.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, or membership of the Traveller community. We bring out the best in each other.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match for you. We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
Interviews may be conducted remotely and in-person.