Inverdea Financial Services was established in November 2002 to provide clients with trusted, impartial advice in the area of personal financial planning. In the intervening 16 years, we have built up a base of over 1000 clients. In 2018 we won the award as Leinster Broker of the year as presented by Brokers Ireland.
In order to support our continued expansion, we are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed-term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Inverdea you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Inverdea. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for our clients. You will also learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
This will involve you in;
- gathering information from our clients in order to assess their insurance needs and risk profile;
- researching insurance companies' policies in order to provide clients with plans that will fulfil their needs and objectives in a cost-effective manner;
- ensure that our clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- assisting clients with claims in the event of death or disability and at the time of retirement;
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of Revenue regulations as they apply to retirement plans;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with our clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- keep up with changes in the market.
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real-time decisions based on changing information
- Good IT Knowledge
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in Inverdea:
As part of our team you will be provided with:
- A competitive salary;
- 20 Days annual leave in addition to statutory holidays;
- Education and development support
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process :
- In the first instance please submit your CV to: Joseph Murphy, Director, Inverdea Financial Services no later than 16/07/2021.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: 086 2593868