About the Company:
At IMS Financial, we have been helping our customers look after their Financial and mortgage needs for over 21 years We are one of Ireland’s longest established Mortgage intermediaries. We have a reputation for reliability and efficiency and are committed to our customers' financial needs.
About the Apprentice programme:
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed-term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job financial services experience, you will complete the Financial services industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join IMS, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at IMS in return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Role:
Apprentice Financial Services Consultant As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of financial services and mortgage intermediary market in order to arrange suitable mortgage, Investment, protection and retirement planning policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and various financial institutions.
Responsibilities of Financial Brokers:
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their Financial and Mortgage needs and risk profile.
- Research Banks and Insurance companies' policies and negotiate with third parties to find the most suitable financial products for your clients at the best price.
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the recommended products provided in line with industry regulations.
- Foresee your clients' financial needs.
- Advise your clients on their various financial requirements.
- Preparing reports for mortgages pensions and investments
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients.
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- Develop relationships with Banks, Insurance companies, auctioneers, solicitors and other professionals.
- Keep up with changes in the Financial Services industry and in your client’s needs.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
You must be.
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own workload
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real-time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem-solving abilities.
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: 1 st July 2021