About the Company
iCare Brokers has recently been acquired by the newly created iCare Brokers limited.
Our aim is to inspire loyalty through meaningfully building of relationships with our employees, clients, and insurer partners. The company has substantial growth ambitions and offers a great opportunity for a new industry entrant to gain invaluable experience and exposure. The environment provides a unique opportunity for an individual to learn the business from an industry leading management team in a close working environment. iCare Brokers are a medium sized company who thrive on close relationships with their customers and have a close knit team who work well together to achieve this.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Icare Brokers, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme. We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Icare Brokers. We will work together to build a pathway to a long and sustainable career with iCare Brokers. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role
The role is based in Athlone and offers the successfully candidate opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of both personal lines and commercial risks. You will gain exposure to the insurance market and learn how to arrange suitable covers for individual client needs.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers
- Gather information from your client, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and conditions of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- Foresee your client’s insurance need, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- Advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers;
- Advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in;
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- Develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals;
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients’ industries;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in Icare Brokers
- We are a small company which will allow us to focus on building your career with you.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Education and development supporting including studying leave
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)
Application Process and Timeframes
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: 18th July 2022
- Planned start date (indicate a range): 1st August