About the Company
At FOH Financial Ltd, we have been operating as broad-based Financial Advisors for over 15 years, advising our clients, personal & business, across various aspects of their finances, including Mortgages, Pensions, Investments, Protection etc.
Our business is in the main, referral-based, as a result of our reputation for professionalism , best advice , reliability, and efficiency and most importantly our commitment to our clients.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed-term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join FOH Financial Ltd, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at FOH Financial Ltd. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role:
Financial Advisor Role
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the Banking, Financial and Insurance market, which will eventually allow you to complete full reviews , recommendations and arrange suitable facilities, policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and Banks, Insurance companies etc.
Responsibilities of Financial Advisor:
- gather information from your clients, assessing their financial needs and risk profile.
- research Banks, Insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable facilities & policies for your clients, whilst being mindful of cost.
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the facility & cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- foresee your clients' Financial, such as Children’s Education, Mortgage, Pension.
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies.
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and negotiating with insurers.
- advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, e.g.: Budgeting, Income Protection, Serious illness cover...
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients.
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence.
- develop relationships with underwriters, Solicitors, Surveyors, Structural engineers, and other professionals.
- keep up with changes in the Finance & insurance market and in your clients' industries.
You must be:
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own workload
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem-solving abilities
Benefits of Working in FOH Financial Ltd :
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme available after 12 months
- Generous holiday allowance including Christmas closing
- Protection package – Death in Service & Income Protection available after 12 months
- Education and development support
- Professional practice with a qualified & very experienced staff
- Professional practice with an excellent reputation in the area of Financial Advice
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training, and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: 14/07/2021
- Planned start date (indicate a range): Aug 2021 to be confirmed