About the Company:
We are a global team of more than 5,000 professionals operating across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada & Bermuda. Specialising in professional and technology services, we work in partnership with leading insurance and financial businesses that operate in a highly regulated global arena.
We help our clients to manage risk, operate their core business processes, transform and grow. We deliver operations, consulting and technology solutions across the risk and insurance value chain, including excellence in claims, underwriting, distribution, regulation, customer experience, human capital, transformation & change management.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Davies Group endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates. If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability, please contact Human Resources.
About the Apprentice Programme:
Davies Claims Solutions are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated individual to join our expanding team.
This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Davies Claims Solutions, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Davies. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the role:
The role is for a Personal Injury Claims Handler. By the completion of the programme, the successful candidate will manage a portfolio of personal injury claims for both Insurance Companies and for large self-insured clients, whilst working within a team structure.
Over the course of the programme, the successful candidate will learn to handle injury claims from inception to closure, attend court hearings, negotiate settlements with solicitors, meet with clients & brokers/Insurers and ultimately to bring such claims to a successful and economical conclusion.
The role will be based from our office in Parkwest Business Park, Dublin 12. We offer a competitive package, great working conditions and an environment to thrive and develop.
What this role entails:
- Handling a portfolio of injury claims on a cradle to grave basis.
- Considering the application of policy indemnity across a wide range of different policies with various underwriters.
- To investigate all liability claims either from the desk or by instructing investigators.
- Conducting settlement meetings at the Four Courts
- Attending Court sittings in both Circuit Court and High Court and guiding clients and policyholders through court hearings and liability consultations
- Maintaining regulatory compliance in all client and third party dealings
- Develop a strong working knowledge of relevant statutes and case law, and to apply this knowledge appropriately.
- To build relationships with external clients and stakeholders.
You must have;
- Excellent communications skills at all levels and a good telephone manner.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to take responsibility for your own workload.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills (proficiency in Excel a bonus)
What We Offer:
- Competitive package
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support
- International assignment opportunities
- Staff Health & Wellness Programme
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission please submit by: 19th August
- Start date: Immediately