About the Company:
At Crotty Insurance Brokers, we have been helping our customers look after their General needs since 1994.
We have a reputation for reliability and efficiency and are committed to our customers. We are a Niche Corporate Insurance Broker and provide General Insurance Broking and Consultancy services to Clients in a range of Business Sectors throughout Ireland and overseas.
In 2020 we became part of the GRP Group (www.grpgroup.co.uk) and we have exciting growth ambitions for the years ahead.
About the Apprentice programme:
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for a rewarding career with us. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role:
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
General Responsibilities will include:
- gather information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, and other industry professionals;
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries;
You should be :
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management skills,
- Have the ability to manage own workload and have strong relationship building skills
Benefits of Working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Clear career progression & development opportunities
- Mentoring by highly experienced Industry Professionals
- Education and development support
- Convenient location & adjacent to Sandyford Luas stop
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- More information can be viewed on the III website: https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Planned start date: beginning of September 2021