Established in 1983 and based in Moycullen, Galway, Cormican Life Limited (CLL) is a Financial Brokerage specialising in financial planning and investment advice. Our key strength lies in collaborating with our clients to help manage their behaviour in tandem with a long term financial plan. We service our client’s financial needs efficiently in line with their personal circumstances to achieve their financial goals. Fergal Cormican CFP® is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and has been the company director for the past 14 years.
What makes CLL Different?
Fergal has committed to improve the service levels and advice offering to new and existing clients by using cutting edge financial planning software to deliver financial plans to clients that makes the advice process easier for them and helps people make better decisions.
Main Purpose of The Role
CLL is looking to recruit a competent administrator to service our clients efficiently and effectively and to carry out the day-to-day office duties for the company. The role involves managing new and existing clients and business processes and ensuring that CLL is compliant. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and develop within the role with a view to progressing into a key member of staff with CLL.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualification QFA. CLL will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career. In return, we expect you to bring commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role
You will gain in-depth knowledge of the life business in order to prepare suitable advice documents and plans for our clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and investment managers, insurances companies etc. in a professional and proactive manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily office support to include managing CRM, data management, file organisation
- Gather key confidential financial data from clients and existing policy providers
- Assist the Director in the preparation of confidential financial plans for existing and prospective clients
- Draft and disseminate essential documents ensuring their accuracy and presentation to clients
- Assist the Director with the preparation of confidential new business documentation ensuring all documents are compliant
- Set up new pension products ( Approved Retirement Funds, Personal Retirement Bonds, Personal Retirement Savings Accounts, Personal Pensions, Company pensions)
- Communicate with the Director and liaise with investment managers, insurances companies etc. in a professional and proactive manner
- Create records for all new clients on the relevant systems, and maintenance and updating of existing client records
- Assist the Director with client correspondence including report writing, fact-finds, suitability statements, fund change requests, quotations, meeting notes and summaries
- Acquire new skills in all relevant areas such as pensions, investments and life assurance
- Acquire knowledge of financial services providers and their product offerings
- Learn the key aspects of the Consumer Protection Code and Central Bank Compliance requirements
- Foresee client needs such as policy renewals or amendments
- Keep up with changes in the life market and in client industries
Key Attributes Required
- Competent in interacting with clients, potential clients, insurance companies and suppliers
- The individual must be extremely capable in the production of accurate, presentable and compliant client friendly reports
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a strong commitment to the business and a desire to grow with the business
- Have an ability to produce, follow and improve processes
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Capable using software and willing to learn company specific software
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office; MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Benefits of Working with CLL
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support
- Free parking
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels
*More information available on the website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes
- Application submission with CV to: Fergal Cormican at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission: submit as soon as posible
- Planned start date: as soon as possible