CIÉ, in conjunction with the Insurance Institute of Ireland, are inviting self-motivated, ambitious candidates to participate in its Insurance Apprentice Programme.
We will select a single apprentice to take part in this on-the-job training programme, commencing September 2022. This individual will become an integral member of the CIÉ in-house claims management and insurance team with access to experienced managers.
About CIÉ Group Risk (Liabilities & Insurances)
Córas Iompair Éireann (CIÉ) is Ireland's national public transport provider. Over 230 million journeys are made annually on our network of national, regional, local and urban services across Iarnród Éireann, Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann.
The CIÉ Group Risk Department, based in Bridgewater House, Islandbridge, Dublin 8 is responsible for minimizing the Group's exposure to financial risk. It services the needs of its three clients across three different but intertwined functions:
1. In-House Claims Management & Investigations Team
a. Responsible for delivering cradle to grave claims and investigative services, arising from Third Party and Employee Liability claims, to our three clients, Iarnród Éireann, Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann. The scope of services extends from investigating liability, assessing quantum, engaging external experts/agents to ensure our clients carry sufficient reserves to cover both incurred and future claims;
b. Actively managing recoveries for damage to property caused to one of our clients' assets and/or securing indemnity from third party insurers.
2. Insurance Team
Responsible for providing insurance advisory services across the Group and validating third-party contractor’s insurers.
3. Risk Team
Responsible for instilling a risk management culture across the CIÉ Group of Companies in line with good Corporate Governance and best practice ensuring the appropriate management and the escalation of risks.
This position is geared towards someone who is flexible, adaptable and interested in career progression.
We are seeking an apprentice with the right attitude, i.e. an innate desire for continual learning, willingness to work as part of a team in getting the job done and focussed in self-developing so as to challenge the status quo when needed. Strong technical, analytical and communication skills are a must.
The successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of the business: from dealing with complaints, following up with investigations, determining appropriate resolution channels to engaging with Brokers and Underwriters in the procurement of insurances.
It is to be expected that the role and responsibilities will develop in line with the candidate’s progression through the Apprentice Programme.
An example of claims duties includes but is not limited to:
- Investigate and follow up Customer care complaints
- Acknowledging letters of claim and commencing investigation.
- Requesting accident reports and arranging driver interviews as well as securing CCTV footage and witness statements.
- Determining evidential requirements including documents, CCTV, photographs, reports and records
- Assisting with the arrangement of Engineering / Locus Inspections
- Arranging medical examinations and liaising with direct claimants
- Determining whether to refer claims to PIAB for assessment; determining whether to accept PIAB award
- Referring file to CIÉ Group Solicitors Office or forwarding to an external agent. Assisting in the preparation of briefs/materials for legal team and supporting litigation/ settlement processes
- Making recommendations on liability and quantum
- Requesting follow up information from claimant’s representatives and from our clients.
- Requisitioning cheques and other associated administrative duties
- Maintaining PIAB Diary in Excel
- Adjustment and revaluation of files on CMS Computer System
- Working as part of Investigations Team and generally supporting work in the Office
An example of insurance duties includes but is not limited to:
- Developing triangulations for submission to the market
- Assisting in the preparation of market submissions as at each renewal date
- Liaising with the Brokers to ensure renewals are delivered on time and within budget
- Reports to Head of Risk
- Manager of Group Investigations / Dept. Section Heads
- Manager of Group Insurances
- CIÉ Solicitors/legal agents
- Claimants and their solicitors
Why Work for CIÉ?
As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment CIÉ will provide the successful candidate with development opportunities in multiple areas.
CIÉ has a policy of developing all staff within the workplace, assisting them in learning by doing, you will find this role interesting and challenging at times but you’ll have a team of colleagues supporting your development.
Please forward applications for the attention of Marion Keegan, HR Manager, to email@example.com