About the Company:
Brady Insurance are one of Irelands longest established and best-regarded Insurance Brokers, we have been helping our customers look after their insurance since 1959. Our Dublin office where this role is based is established 5 years and they are a specialist team in Events, Sports, Education & Entertainment.
We have a reputation for reliability and efficiency and are committed to our customers. A strong ethos of education and personal development underpins our success and we seek an apprentice to come along on the journey with us as they develop their skills and as we grow.
About the Apprentice programme:
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed-term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for a rewarding career with us. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role:
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies. Our Dublin office is a great place to learn as we have a wide range of clients but also some specialisms such as Education, Entertainment & Film/TV so is a wonderful learning environment.
General Responsibilities will include:
- Gather information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- Research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- Develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, and other industry professionals;
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries;
You should be :
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management skills,
- Have the ability to manage own workload and have strong relationship building skills
- Have the intention to commit to programme for 3 years and do the study and work in tandem.
Benefits of Working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Clear career progression & development opportunities
- Mentoring by highly experienced Industry Professionals
- Education and development support
- Convenient location & adjacent to M50 on N5.
- Income Protection other benefits
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry-level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- We are accepting applications from 15th June to the 10th July
- Interviews will be held from July 23rd
- Planned start date: beginning of September 2021