Be part of our award-winning team!
Who we are
Blue Insurance is an ambitious Insurance business developing innovative products and disrupting the Insurance landscape in the UK and Ireland.
Founded in October 2003, Blue Insurance is an online insurance business, providing online Travel, Car Hire Excess, Motor Breakdown, Gadget, Pet, Bicycle and Wedding insurance. Since 2003 we have grown from a niche travel insurance provider with a team of into an award winning, Deloitte Best Managed Company.
In October 2018, Blue Insurance officially became part of the Cover-More Group. Cover-More Group is a global specialist and integrated travel insurance, medical assistance, and employee assistance provider with operations across five continents. Cover-More Group is headquartered in Sydney, Australia. In 2017, Cover-More became part of Zurich Insurance Group emerging as the third largest travel insurance provider in the world.
Blue Insurance Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority for UK Business.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills. While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join the Company, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme. We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Blue Insurance. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job Role:
We are now on the lookout for enthusiastic and highly motivated professionals to join our team in our busy call centre. If you enjoy working with people, then this is the right role for you!
Customer Service is essential, and this would suit a professional with a passion for delivering great service. You will be responsible for answering queries across our range of Travel and Niche Products. You will be dealing with the customers mainly via telephone and email and can vary from answering simple customer queries to handling and escalating complaints accordingly. Some weekend work may be required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong customer service & communication skills with the ability to answer sales and service calls in an efficient and friendly manner
- Handling an assigned workload of emails or queries and following them through to completion
- Adhering to data protection and the following protocol as laid out by the company
- Referring queries to underwriters and communicating underwriting decisions to the team
- Dealing with call centre and internal department queries
- Understanding of the Insurance Market
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organisational skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft packages, e-mail, and web
- Personal Attributes
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible, demonstrate sound work ethics
- Enjoy a fast paced, dynamic, challenging, and team-oriented work environment
Benefits of Working in Blue Insurance:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Flexible working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly and work-life balance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid Covid – 19 sick leave
- Online learning and training opportunities
- Professional membership
- Overtime Pay
- Staff Referral Bonus
- Work anniversaries leave
- Free parking
- Convenient location
The team and community
Caring is at the heart of what we do. We’re here to make a positive difference in the world we live in. Through our social impact, we are committing to the communities we work in and giving back where they need it most. Whichever way you choose to participate in volunteering or fundraising, whether as a team or individually, the company gives you 3 paid days to volunteer. This is our commitment to our community. Then, wherever you help, the commitment is always doubled, and the company will match the number of volunteer hours that staff complete each year and also any money donated to a charity which we call Employee Matching here in CoverMore Group.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training, and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: 30th March 2022
- Planned start date (indicate a range): 15th April 2022