We are looking for a results-oriented and hardworking individual who shows the potential to develop into a high-performing, business professional. During the 3-year programme, in addition to academic and professional studies, you will gain exposure to our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
When you join Aviva Insurance, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business mentor to provide support throughout the scheme. The Apprenticeship programme is based on an 'earn and learn' model and the cost of the course is fully funded by the Government while the employer covers the cost of the salary of the apprentice. While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Aviva. In return, we expect you to bring your dedication and for you to add significant value to the company.
Joining the Aviva Apprentice Programme is a great way to improve your eye for business and gain insight into a large corporation, as well as learn more about the insurance industry. Placement students are placed into substantive roles that have an immediate and integral impact on the business. You’ll specialise in one of the core industry areas – underwriting or claims.
The role will be located in Dublin for Underwriting Apprentices and Galway for Claims Apprentices.
About the role:
- Contributing to a positive culture of collaboration, flexibility, learning and development
- Managing workloads to provide good service in a busy environment
- Driving performance and working closely with leaders(s) and team(s)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible attitude towards change
- Supporting our strategy and values within the team
- Finding solutions to difficult and challenging situations
- Ability to review our systems and processes, finding better and more effective ways to do business, while keeping the customer focus
- Positive attitude and strong desire to meet customers’ needs
Whatever role you go into, you’ll be working on exciting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a forward-thinking learning environment – a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- More information can be viewed on the III website https://earnandlearn.ie
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- You’ll also need to bring a passion for insurance and you’re someone who can be a force for change and who’ll be able to show us how you’ve helped to change things for the better in your studies, your work experience or your outside interests.
- If you’re also a natural problem solver who loves to learn new things, we believe you’ll fit right in.
The recruitment process:
- Making an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial screen, you'll then have an interview
- We are looking at a June start date for all roles.
- This role is within the scope of the Central Bank of Ireland's Minimum Competency Code.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Dylan Wood a call on 07385 426164 or send an email to Dylan.wood@Aviva.com