We help our 18 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our people in Aviva, to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.
About the Apprenticeship Programme:
We are looking for a results-oriented and hardworking individual who shows the potential to develop into a high-performing, business professional. During the 3-year programme, in addition to academic and professional studies, you will gain exposure to our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
When you join Aviva Insurance, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business mentor to provide support throughout the scheme. While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Aviva. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to our company.
General Insurance Apprenticeship in Underwriting:
Joining the Aviva Apprenticeship Programme is a great way to improve your eye for business and gain insight into a large corporation, as well as learn more about the insurance industry. You will be placed into a substantive role that has an immediate and integral impact on the business.
You will be:
- Contributing to a positive culture of teamwork, flexibility, learning and development.
- Managing workloads to provide good service in a busy environment.
- Driving performance with ability to work closely with leaders(s) and team(s).
- Building strong relationships with brokers and ability to collaborate across all teams.
- Working towards optimising sales/renewal retention opportunities with Brokers and sales.
- Optimising sales/renewal/rate and retention opportunities with Broker/BDM.
- Supporting our strategy and values within the team.
- Finding solutions to difficult and challenging situations.
- Ability to review our systems and processes, finding better more effective ways to do business, while keeping the customer focus.
- Adhering to all service and reporting timelines agreed for our business.
- Adherence to compliance and risk controls and identify any issues that may pose a risk or near miss.
In your apprenticeship you’ll be working on exciting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a forward-thinking learning environment – a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.
The apprenticeship roles are within the scope of the Central Bank of Ireland's Minimum Competency Code - which sets out minimum professional standards for persons providing certain financial services, in particular when dealing with consumers.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels and a good telephone manner.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to take responsibility for your own workload.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills (proficiency in Excel a bonus).
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels* - If you haven’t sat your leaving cert yet that’s ok, as there will be starts after leaving cert results time
- Existing staff who are interested in applying should discuss with their People Leader
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://earnandlearn.ie
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Can I commit to a three-year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I bring a passion for insurance and be a force for change?
- Do I want to develop a career that has a career path for success?
The Recruitment Process:
We’ll assess your strengths and how well you would connect with our values, throughout the interview process
Start dates can be from May to September
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Before applying for an internal move, you must have been working in Aviva for at least 12 months.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying, please contact Joseph Sullivan at email@example.com