About the Company
LHK Group is a Leinster-based general insurance and financial planning advisory firm serving commercial and personal clients, nationally. Strong client relationships and best in class, impartial advice are the hallmarks of our business. Established in 1938, we are a third-generation, independently owned broker with experience advising approximately 6,000 clients in 15 sectors. Our priority is to protect our clients’ interests and ensure that we provide solutions that they can trust, and which give peace of mind and security.
About the Apprentice Programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed-term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join LHK Group, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at LHK Group. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Role
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies and cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers include:
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price.
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- Foresee your clients’ insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments.
- Advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- Advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients.
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence.
- Develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals.
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients’ industries.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the below attributes:
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership and accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own workload
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real-time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in LHK Group
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support
- Free parking
- Convenient Dundrum location next to M50, Luas and bus routes
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include: two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
Information can be viewed on https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: Fri 25th June 2021
- Planned start date: July/August 2021